Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Game Review: League of Legends


By Nydia Tungsten & Brandi Tungsten

    I found out about this game through my daughter’s boyfriend, so I Googled it and took a look at some of the trailers of the game. When I saw the trailers, the graphics, the action, I was TOTALLY blown away, so I downloaded it. I was excitedly unable to believe a game like this was free to play. I watched even more trailers as I waited, getting more and more excited!

   Here is what I saw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzHrjOMfHPY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nlJuwO0GDs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEnsqpThaFg
https://www.youtube.com/user/RiotGamesInc


     After seeing them, I couldn’t wait. I was almost drooling with anticipation to create one of those majestic characters that I had seen  (I loved the Neko), but instead of the game I was looking forward to, (sighs) I got this….  http://www.twitch.tv/nydia_tungsten/c/5192980 (may take a few minutes to load for some).

Now, I am not saying it is a bad game, (even though the tutorial leads you by the hand and speaks to you like one would to a toddler away from it’s mother for the first time) it is probably a great game for those that like the 3-D side scroller type of game. But, I am not one of those, and after seeing the trailers and getting this, I feel like RIOT games LIED to me…..offered me candy then shoved castor oil into my mouth ( I am being nice here, Bix ). To say I was disappointed would be like referring to Jaws as a guppy.

    Now, I try to keep my personal opinions to a minimum as I review any game, I truly try and give it a fair chance no matter the genre, but after the blatant misdirection of RIOT with their trailers, I cannot in all honesty give this game a fair review. As I am writing this, I am going so far as to uninstall it and vowing to never touch it again and SERIOUSLY even giving thought to not try anything from RIOT again, ever! I absolutely HATE bait and switch and I feel that is what they are trying to pull with this game.

    If you like the 3-D side scroller’s, you may thoroughly enjoy this game, but with this bitter taste in my mouth, I cannot, nor will I ever play it again. But, I will recommend you try it for yourself but don’t believe the trailers.

    Normally, I would either give the game a thumbs up or down at this point, but I won’t. Instead, I will give the game makers a “Finger up” and recommend they straighten up and fly right.

So until next time, GOOD GAMING TO YOU!

Nydia Tungsten

No comments:

Post a Comment