Monday, September 14, 2026

Commentary: Gamer's Choice

 
By Nydia Tungsten

Gaming companies have been going out of their way to really PISS OFF their customer base! Sony taking away physical media, and telling everyone they own nothing and Sony can take it away any time, be it games or movies YOU pay for. IF we don’t own it, it should be a hell of a lot cheaper, wouldn’t you agree?

THEN you have the game companies shoving their politics down our throats by creating games no one wants. A good example would be “Concord” it was pulled only two weeks after Sony launched it. (That and it was an obvious rip-off of “Overwatch” I mean if you're going to politicize a game, at least be original) And don’t even get me started on A.I. Dev’s trying to make money by doing nothing, letting A.I. do it all. Don’t get me wrong, A.I. in games CAN be useful if it is used to augment the game, not make the whole game. Devs are trying to use A.I. for the game and firing the creative teams that do the work, that brings the lore and gameplay together, the heart of the games…

That is the most famous of the recent game disasters.
 
And it doesn’t end there, you would think they would learn from that alone, but no, you have games forcing their ideology down our throats every time we turn around.
 
THEN we have the money grubbers that want you to “Pre order” Basically give them our money and get nothing until it is released. And when it IS released it may not even be the same game you thought you were getting.  BUT they promise you all these “goodies” if you give them your money…. That everyone else will have within a year by the way. And any of the goodies they were supposed to send you, may not even be what you were promised! (Yes we’re looking at you “Fallout 76”)

Lets not forget those poor players that “Pre-ordered” “ARK 2”. How many years ago was that announcement? And still NOTHING!

And let’s not forget the games with “Early Access” Basically we pay THEM for the right to work for them by finding all the bugs in it. Heaven forbid they release a completed game from the start!

AND charge us premium prices for games that:
Aren’t ours
Come with agendas we don’t want
Want us to pay for even when we cant play
Or have us work for them by testing their unfinished game (Then try and charge us again once it’s done)
IF they even put any work into the game they’re selling and not just throwing A.I. crap at us.
And after  ALL of that still charge us out the Wazoo for it.

I have said it before and I will say it again WE control how they treat us, but some many have forgotten. 
WE CONTROL THE MONEY! 

If we don’t like what a company is doing, stop buying ANYTHING from them,  *period*!

You might be saying “Oh but I won’t get the game I am looking forward to” You’re right, you may have to… (GASP) wait!

I am not going to “Pre-order” or “Early access” or  bow to someone else's agenda and dish out 80 to 100 bucks for the privilege!

So here are my recommendations to every gamer out there, get yourself an older game you enjoy that can sit on your system or you have the disks for. Grab your Cheetos and Monster drinks or whatever you like (Me? I like coffee and twinkies) and just enjoy them for a while, not by this crap they are offering and you will see, if we all do this those companies will turn around and start offering what WE, the ones paying for it, want. I already have my choices (Thank you steam) Skyrim, Fallout 4, ARK, Saints Row and a few others that I OWN and reside on my computer. 

So I have my plan in place. I hope more do it as well. As for YOU! 

Well, it is your choice, we still live where you can choose, it’s all up to you and what you choose. I can only hope you agree, but maybe you don’t agree at all and think I am full of crap. Let me know your views and thoughts on this, until then…

GOOD GAMING TO YOU!  
 
Nydia Tungsten
 

No comments:

Post a Comment